Saturday, October 2, 2010

Recent Sessions


Its been a long time. Life has been B.U.S.Y. And for some odd reason, it seems to take all afternoon to do a blog post. So I put it off and put it off. But, alas... I'm back. Kinda. See.... I'm kinda on a break from photography. *kinda* Of course, this post looks nothing like a break from photography. But I am really trying to limit my sessions. I have a lot less time these days. I have a full-time job, a kid playing t-ball, a kid in gymnastics, volunteering one night a week at church and still have to come home to cook and clean and be with my family. .
I know I need... eh-hem... would LIKE to have a new camera or at least a new lens. But the pocketbook just doesn't allow for it. (the pocketbook picked a Bahama cruise with the husband over new photography equipment...) So.... I did the next best thing. I rented a lens. www.borrowlens.com. Its awesome. Its easy.
I rented a Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Lens. And I fell IN LOOOOVE!!! I didn't have much time to get acclimated, to learn all the ins and outs, but myohmy. It was simply awesome. The bokeh. The sharpness. (minus some user error on some pics.... shhhh). I had two sessions the weekend I had it, so the day before I took it out to play. First I took the kids to a little nature park. Then to my parents house. The lens did not fail me once.
All of the pics in this post are using the 85mm lens. I didn't have to do much editing at all (LOVE).

This is my little stud. He RARELY lets me take his picture and when he does, his eyes are either squinting, closed, or covered with his hands. So this... is a gem. I still (4 months later) can NOT believe that he's 6. Like, that's a kid. Not a baby. Not a toddler. A kid. My 1st grader! I love it. I love him.


As much as it is rare to get a picture of the boy child, it is even more rare to get a picture of him AND his pesky little sister. Together. Happily. Willingly.
They really do have a great relationship. For a 6 and almost 4 year old. He bothers her, she bothers him. But they love each other. Its one of the best things ever when Alex comes home from school on Fridays and Abby has been with me all day, and gives her a huge "I've missed you" hug. I can only hope they are this close when they are older.


She loves to swing. Take her to a park or throw her outside to play and 99.25% of the time, she will go straight for the swing, asked to be pushed "as high as the sky", and laugh and laugh and laugh.

And what a lucky little girl she is to have a great daddy who is the only one that can push her as high as she wants. Those muscles aren't from working out, they are from pushing a 40lb cutie pie on the swing.


An angle. Aiden. I photographed his big sister when she was this size! He comes from a super family!!! I see him trading in those wings for a baseball jersey in no time.


My 3rd year of photographing this gorgeous family. They stun me with all their cuteness and niceness and well coordinated outfits.

2 comments:

Mary Morrow said...

These are so wonderful!!! I'm so glad you were able to try that lens - I've heard nothing but raves about it!
However, I think the Cruise was the best choice when it comes to money! :D Just sayin'... LOl!!!
Love you girlie,
me

Unknown said...

Heck ya. We are so looking forward to our week together out in the ocean!!