Thursday, May 3, 2012

Running like a chicken with its head cut off...

 

26.2

26 point 2

26 point FREAKING 2


That's how many miles my husband ran on Sunday.

I can run the point 2, no biggie... the 26.. not so much.

To say that I'm proud is an understatement. He's pretty much a rock star in my eyes.

Alex squeezed through the gate separating the runners from the lazy people crowd to finish off the race with his daddy. I have a feeling this kid will be running his first marathon before he's 20. We've already registered for our first fun run as a family. Our first paid mile. I'm super excited since it is for a wonderful cause!

In other news... its May 3rd. I can't believe its been 13 years since that terrible tornado that we lived through. Luckily it passed about a mile north of where I was at the time and about 1/2 mile north of my house. We don't take tornados lightly anymore in this state!

Also... for pretty much this whole school year I have been trying and trying to figure out how to be active in the PTA. I never knew who the key players where, when the meetings where, who to talk to... well.... I found out. And now I feel like I'm gasping for breath with how busy my schedule has become. Its not all brought on by activities for the PTA, but it just seemed that I added just that one extra thing and now I can't carry the load. Its left me realizing that I can't do everything, yet I can still do more. If that makes sense at all. I am at a place where I am re-examining my commitments and finding out where I'm most valuable. So this summer that's what I'll be thinking about and praying about. Hopefully most of that thinking will be done poolside.

1 comment:

ck said...

Hey there! I have been so caught up in my "eating/exercising makeover" that I haven't read ANY blogs since Christmas - so I have a LOT of catching up to do :-) I think you are very wise to take some time to really be intentional about what places to best give your time. It is so very easy to get caught up in the "I have to do it all!" mindset. Your plan to do some poolside matching of your talents with time available is perfect - especially if a few piña coladas are involved ;-)