Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Love Story... Part 1


I've been inspired. I've read a few other bloggers "love stories" and I think its time to put my own down into words. Mostly for me. To re-live those days that seem so long ago. Here we go....

It was 1993. I was in seventh grade and I had a good friend named Shannon. Shannon and I had been friends for a few years during elementary school and now we were in the big time, Jr. High. We were in a group of friends one day standing outside the band room  talking. (Band geeks? Yes, we were!) She told us that she had a boyfriend and he was in 9th grade!! His name was Ernie. I'm pretty sure I laughed in my head. And according to Shannon he was so cute. A few days or weeks later (seriously, it was 18 years ago its hard to remember) I was with Shannon at her locker when she tells me she wants me to meet her boyfriend. So I'm waiting for her and I see this guy walking down the hall. I thought he was a teacher. A really hot teacher. He sees us and walks toward us and turns out hot-teacher is really hot-boyfriend. EEEK! So he starts talking to me and asks me my name. I tell him my name is Kristin. Then for the next hour  minute he managed to say every other version of Kristin except Kristin! "Kristy??? Kirsten? Kristina??" I thought, man, this dude is so annoying.
Eventually Shannon and Ernie broke up as most jr. high "couples" often do. I would see Ernie around the school and he'd stop and talk to me or tease me. After awhile I didn't mind the teasing and was becoming more fond of our run-ins.
In May we had a band trip to a local amusement park. A group of us decided to all hang out together for the day. Part of that group was Shannon and Ernie, who were friends at this point. At one point during the day somehow our group split up and it was just myself, my friend Michelle, and Ernie. We couldn't find the rest of our group so we just hung out together and that's when it happened. I was 13 years old and I was falling in love. Of course at that age, it was probably puppy love, but it was a day that seriously changed things.....

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thanks for the comment. I am now excited to read yours!