Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Five

My monkey, my little kitten, my sweet sweet pumpkin-cutie-pie:

I love you to pieces. Five years ago today you came into this world and I stared at you with a sense that I knew EXACTLY who you were and yet I knew nothing. We have a connection that I can.not.explain. Its amazing. Its beautiful. I look at you and I see a cuter, spunkier version of myself. I am the luckiest person on this planet to have been chosen to be YOUR mama.
It breaks my heart that I will never again hold you as an infant, hear your toddler giggles, or see a toothless grin. But I have so much joy in being able to watch you grow taller, hear your exaggerated stories, and listen to you sing along to my favorite songs.
I look forward to seeing what year 5 holds for us. Your wit, your beauty, your humor, your compassion, its all growing and you are becoming a little lady that I am proud to say to the world "This is my daughter".

No comments: